Monday, April 20, 2009

Where Do You Get Inspiration?

Every day each of us faces our own unique challenges. Still, we manage to overcome and move on. We each take our inspiration from different places. Some get it from reading amazing books. There are those of us who take comfort in spirituality and prayer. Others are inspired by the people around them. I know that I have friends who have overcome incredible odds. So, who inspires you? And, what inspires you? Please, let me know.

In friendship,
Ilanna

1 comment:

  1. I am inspired by the volunteer work done by my surgeon, Dr Tim Sproule.

    In spite of a very busy practice in Toronto he makes time to travel half way across the world, to developing countries to perform clef lip /clef palate, burn and reconstructive surgeries, giving his patients a new life.

    Dr Sproule ...had designed and aided the construction of the hospital’s (Guyana Georgetown hospital) Burn Unit and has helped dozens of victims of severe burn injuries.

    Also he conducted the first ever Micro-vascular Free Tissue Transfer in Guyana on a 29-year-old man whose only other option was amputation.

    I am just amazed at his energy to do good in this world!

    Here are links to some articles about his work.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/interplast/2243485782/in/datetaken/

    http://guyanafriends.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/860604972/m/51910967/inc/-1

    http://interplast.blogs.com/chaudoc/tim_sproule/

    http://www.stabroeknews.com/2009/news/local/02/10/first-ever-micro-vascular-free-tissue-transfer-surgery-done-at-georgetown-hospital/

    ReplyDelete